Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Baby Shower #1

Well, my time being pregnant is winding up. This past weekend we went home to Nashville for a baby shower. This one was given by my sweet mother in law. She put lots of hard work and thought into this day and it totally showed. It was awesome! There were so many special things: the table centerpiece was made by Phillip's aunt with some flowers from her yard and the container they were in had one of my baby pictures in it, she had put a framed picture of me in the entry with ribbon and a decoration from her baby shower with Phillip, and she had a small ceramic cradle someone had given her with Phillip and it had dried flowers in it from our wedding. So much meaning. We had a really good turn out, more than expected, and ended up with so much stuff! I was just excited to see so many people that I love all in one place!

We also celebrated Mark's birthday. It was great to see him. We don't see him often with us up here and him away at college and working in Georgia. But it was great! We're going back this weekend for my last trip. We have lots of stuff planned, so I'll have more to write about.

No comments: