Monday, January 14, 2008

We Turned 4!

Well, life has been great so far. Miss Adeline is still an easy baby and very good natured. She is finally gaining weight. It took going to a GI doctor to get her there but we are on the right track. Right before Christmas we took her in to her pediatrician just to be weighed and she hadn't gained much. The doctor was concerned and sent us to the GI the next day, delaying our trip home a day. The GI sent us to do a sweat test for Cystic Fibrosis. It came back negative. This was the 3rd time a screening was done. I had a test done when I was pregnant, Adeline had one in the hospital as part of a newborn screening, and then this one. They were all negative. The GI had us start adding extra formula to what we were already giving her. Leaving the amount the same but, adding extra powder. This increased her calories per serving and did the trick. We went back exactly 2 weeks later and Adeline had gained 2 1/2 pounds! She has continued to gain and she goes Saturday for her 3 month check-up. I am anxious to see how much she weighs now! The child has rolls on her legs!

We celebrated 4 years on December 13th. We had someone watch Adeline for the first time and we went to dinner at The Melting Pot. It was amazing! Neither of us had ever been before and we are both wanting to go back again! While we were eating, Phillip told me that he has been accepted into the ThM program! So he is starting to take classes this semester to get a head start. Also, he told me what he got me for our anniversary because it hadn't been delivered yet! He got me cashmere! Gloves and a hat to go with the new coat he got me for my birthday! Then during dessert, he gave me an envelope. When I opened it there was a piece of paper folded in half that said "Open for your surprise...", when I opened it there was a picture of the Nashville skyline. He gave me Nashville! We're going home!!!! He is able to do his ThM distance so we get to be home and still have him be in school! I cried right there at the table. I was so excited. Totally unexpected but totally accepted!

That's all for now. We seriously don't have anything going on worth blogging about. I don't want to bore you! Until next time....

3 comments:

ginger said...

yay! such exciting news! sounds like you have a sweet husband. :) i can't BELIEVE it's been four years. holy cow!

A.K. said...

congrats on 4 years! Thanks for your email! what a great gift!!!

The Parker Family said...

I can't wait to see all THREE of you. Praying for you all lots. We love you dearly! (Well done, Phillip-great gifts!)